So I’ve been wanting to do this for a while…I watch my lovely YouTube beauties post their monthly favorites and flops and it always makes me think about what mine are. So I’ve decided to share with you all! Here are my March favorites and flops! I invite you ladies to join in!
1. HK Girl Topcoat
by Glisten and Glow. I could go on and on for hours about how amazing this topcoat is but I will reserve it for another more detailed post. All I am going to say is, if you polish your nails especially if you do nail art you need this.
2. American Classics Treatments Yellow Stopper is great for peeling off your polish and eliminates the need for so much acetone! Also prevents staining on your nails which is an added plus. I apply two coats as a base before any polish. Once all of your polish is dry, you can just peel it off. I warn you, it doesn’t make for a long lasting mani but I have other base coats for that.
3. Sensationail cuticle oil. I love the way this smells and it is so moisturizing. I use it whenever I can remember throughout the day.
4. This flbrush with floral print is from Sallys. It’s fantastic for clean up around the cuticles! I got it in a pack of different sized nail art brushes and have hardly used it until now. It has become an essential to my routine.
5. I got this La Corneille Golden Taklon Script Liner Brush 7050 18/0 brush at Michael’s. I find myself reaching for this brush when I do any nail art detail. I haven’t even had to cut it down at all.
6. The Lorac Pro pallet is the most perfect pallet ever! Those matte shades are oh so good! There are a million posts about this so just google it and you will see how amazing it is.
7. Real Techniques makeup sponge is the best dupe for the Beaty Blender. Applies your foundation so easily and gives an airbrushed look. I got it for $6 from Ulta as opposed to $20 for the Beauty Blender. I also prefer the flat side of the sponge as opposed to just the cone shape.
8. Anastasia DipBrow Pomade in Dark Brown. I really do think everyone that wants gorgeous eyebrows needs this! It’s great for getting the perfect shape with an outline and filling in when you use a lighter hand. It eliminates the need for a pencil and powder. You do need to buy a brush. I use a brush I got at Sephora but I’ve heard a lot of recommendations for the Anastasia brush.
9. Loreal Infallible eyeshadow in Burst into Bloom. This is such a beautiful purple and perfect for spring. You can use this along the lower lash line for a touch of color or on the lid. It works well with the Lorac Pro.
10. OCC LipTar in Momento. I absolutely adore Liptars and this color is a wonderful daily neautralish shade. You must remember to use a light hand when you use any liptar. You need the tiniest amount to get full coverage. If you use too much, you will have a hot mess!
11. Lorac Natural Performance Foundation. I purchased this foundation 50% off at Sephora and I am absolutely in love! I have always used Revlon Colorstay foundation or Bare Minerals, but this is my new found love! I have dry skin and it’s works well for me. I use Benefit Porefessional as a base and I use my Real Techniques sponge to apply it. I’ve never been a fan of foundation and until I had my kids my skin was pretty good. Now I need foundation and in a little sad about it but with a food still as fantastic as this one it’s not so bad!
I only have 1 major flop for the month and it’s a pretty disappointing one. I love Samantha Chapman from PixiWoo. She and now her sister have created an affordable makeup brush line. I own almost very brush in their regular line and love each of them. When I saw this silicone eyeliner brush I was so excited! I rushed to Ulta picked it up and used it as soon as I got home. I’ve tested it with gel and liquid liners and gosh it just sucks. It skips on the lid. You have to reapply the gel or liquid over and over on the brush. I’ve heard nothing but negative reviews on this so it makes me feel confident that it’s not just me. It’s useable but I wish I could return it because it has been a complete waste of $.
I hope you all enjoyed my March favorites and flops. I would love to see all of yours!